Join us as we backpack around Asia
Find out more about our big trip around Asia, see our latest YouTube video and find out the latest stuff we’ve found on the Internet.
At the beginning of November 2022, we quit our jobs, moved out of our flat and packed up all our stuff to go on a big adventure around Asia. So far, we’ve spent a month in India (by the way, no where near long enough) and now we’re in Thailand.
Over the next 6-7 months, we’re planning to visit another 6 countries (at least). If you’d like to stay in touch with our travels, there are a variety of ways to do so (being a subscriber to Here To Travel Plus is already a good start).
Hit the button below to find out more about the trip and how to follow our adventures.
We’re now on YouTube
Whilst we’re on the road, we’re turning our hands to vlogging. We’ll be documenting all the best bits of our trip and posting as regularly as possible to our channel so that you can follow in our footsteps.
Our first vlog is above! Let us know what you think.
Already, we’ve posted three videos, with a forth coming very soon. Please do subscribe to get our latest videos in your feed.
Give Back is a tool that we created to help you find amazing experiences and give back to the places you visit. In each newsletter, we highlight one of the more recent additions to the database.
Help Tibetans Practice Their English in Dharamshala, India
Learning and Ideas for Tibet in Dharamshala, India is always in desperate need of volunteers to enhance the skills training centre.
Every weekday from 2pm-3.30pm, the centre welcomes English speakers to drop-in and assist in the English conversation class. There’s no need to contact the centre beforehand, just show up.
Add more experiences to our collection
If you know of any experiences that you think we should add, please do get in touch.
In each newsletter, we’ll bring you a round-up of awesome stuff from elsewhere on the internet. The stuff we find will usually be centred around sustainable and responsible travel, though we’ll occasionally throw in other bits we think you might be interested in.
- Veganuary is back! Becoming vegan is easily one of the best things we’ve done. Veganuary presents a fantastic opportunity to try out veganism for yourself. Go on, have a go! For many of you, it’s easier than you think.
- Many of Europe’s big cities are walkable, but some are better than others. We can totally vouch for Budapest’s walkability. Missing from the list is Ljubljana - much of the city centre is pedestrianised.
- France is leading an EU-wide charge against short-haul flights, particularly where train routes already exist. Great news!
- Chronotrains instantly lets you know where in Europe you can travel to by train within five hours of wherever you tap on the map. This isn’t particularly new, but it’s currently doing the rounds again.
- I Like Local is a growing platform focused on Asia and Africa where you can discover locally-curated experiences that have a positive impact.
- Indian eVisas are now available to UK citizens again. We had to apply for paper visas for our visit which wasn’t easy. We’re glad that the much easier and cheaper option is back so that more people can discover this incredible country.